Here are instructions to move modified reports from one version of GP (or recreate reports.dic):
1. Log into GP on the new SQL server and choose any company.
2. Go to Tools>Customize>Report Writer. This will create a new reports.dic file. Insert one report from the left to make sure this is created. E.g. 1099 misc.
3. Log into the old SQL server and choose any company.
4. Go to Tools>Customize>Customization Maintenance and select all the contents.
5. Click on “Export” and save the package to a temporary location.
6. On the new SQL server, log into GP and go to Tools>Customize>Customization Maintenance and click on “Import”. Find the Package file saved from the old SQL server and import it into the new SQL server.
All users must be off the system to import into the new reports.dic.
You should also be aware that several table changes have been made from 8.0 to 10.0 so expect some errors. You should get some of your reports to come over and some will require re-modification or tweaking.
Another way to do the reports.dic is to go to Tools>>customize>>report writer. Open the report writer screen and click Import. Browse out to the old reports.dic file then highlight all the reports on the left hand side. Click insert then import. You don’t need everyone out of the system to do this. I’ve found sometimes it’s easier to get the reports over this way than using the import from customization maintenance.