MOSS Collaboration / Content Management
Dynamics GP and Dynamics SL provide out-of-the-box web parts for SharePoint that allow you to extend the functionality of your ERP system. Business Portal is a collection of these web parts that deliver applications, information, and processes to your employees, customers, and partners across your organization.
These are some of the benefits you can expect to realize:
- Easily locate and access your business information via a centralized web-based portal.
- Format KPIs to draw attention to the most important aspects of information, quickly deploy KPIs that are critical to your business success, use role-tailored access to deliver the right information to the
right people, and refresh KPIs as often as needed so information is always current.
- Give employees and managers access to the tools they need to streamline human resource management tasks. Empower employees to view and change personal information. Enable managers to complete common tasks—such as approving requests and accessing employee information.
- Enable users throughout the organization to enter and approve purchase requisitions via Business Portal.
- Create flexible approval hierarchies to gain greater visibility and control over the purchasing process.
- Empower employees to enter time and expense records through Business Portal. Project managers can easily review and approve time and expense reports online.
- Give salespeople and customers security-enhanced access to online information that allows them to place orders via an out-of-the-box, business-to-business portal. This saves time while increasing the
accuracy of orders.
- Publish Microsoft Dynamics GP reports, such as sales reports, outstanding purchase orders, budget reports, and financial reports.
- Run queries to access detailed information on customers, vendors, inventory items, sales, and purchases. Modify and export queries to Office Excel for further analysis.
- Deliver role-tailored information to salespeople, purchasing agents, budget managers, customers, and any other role you create.
- Deliver access to Web-based modules such as Human Resources, Project Time and Expense for Business Portal, and Requisition Management.
- Free administrators from time-consuming user setup tasks with wizard-based processes that automate mapping of user names and domain aliases to corresponding Microsoft Dynamics GP user IDs.